Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday - Enchanted Ivy



I haven't done a Waiting On Wednesday in a while, but I'm trying to get back into it because it is a great way to discover new books. 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

 
Enchanted Ivy
By Sarah Beth Durst
Publication Date: October 12th 2010 by Margaret K. McElderry
  
A story about getting into college. You know, taking the campus tour, talking to the gargoyles, flirting with the were-tigers, riding the dragons...

While visiting the campus of Princeton University, 16-year-old Lily discovers a secret gate to a magical realm and must race against time to save herself, her world, and any hope she has of college admission.


To me, this sounds like a teenage version of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, so I was immediately intrigued.  Can't wait to see what it truly turns out to be!

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I hope you don't have to wait too long for it!

danya said...

This one's on my wishlist too - the premise does sound promising!

Christie (The Fiction Enthusiast) said...

Love this cover! Great choice!

Heather said...

New follower here... I've never seen this one before, it looks interesting!

Here is my pick:
http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2010/09/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com