Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday - The Body Finder


 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
 
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Release Date: March 2010 by HarperTeen

Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her “power” to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he’s claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay’s intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she’s falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.
 
Why do I want to read this one?  I am a huge Ghost Whisperer fan, so when I read the summary for this one, I knew I had to read it because it sounds like it could be a Friday night episode.  I also want to know what happens between Jay and Violet.  Ah, teen love!!

3 comments:

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Sounds good! I must be tired - I seen your post on Twitter and I thought it said The Body Finger... I was all like, "ooh whats that!"
LOL

This one does sound good... perfect for a rainy night stay in read.

Icedream said...

Glad you got this one up! :D
Wow, it does sound like a good book, I will have to add it to my wish list- it will be a long wait but it sounds like it will be worth it.

bermudaonion said...

That does sound like a good one and the cover's gorgeous too.

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com