Friday, March 12, 2010

Two for Toddlers

I have been dying to share these books with you this week!  Board books have been on my radar this past year because of my nephew.  A year ago March 3rd, he arrived and our family was so exited!    You might remember this blog post from last year.  Well, I have been a doting aunt and try to get my hands on all kinds of books for him.  He loves them!  Thanks to Chronicle Books, I have 2 more to add to his collection.

Brayden a year ago...and Brayden today...see, he has his tub of books beside him.  My sister-in-law has to change them out periodically because he has so many.








Now, for the books...


Title:  In My Flower
Author/Illustrator:  Sara Gillingham and Lorena Siminovich
Review Copy Provided by:  Chronicle Books

About the Book:  Turn the colorful die-cut pages of this irresistible board book to discover just what makes little butterfly's flower so cozy. Bright pictures, sweet reassuring messages, unique layered pages, and an adorable finger puppet combine to create interactive reading and playtime fun!
My Review:  What a perfect springtime book!  I love the cut-outs on each page and the way that the parent or child can manipulate the butterfly as a finger puppet.  Board books are great for the little ones, but they are so much more fun when they are interactive.   The pictures are bright, which makes them very eye catching for the baby or toddler.  5 short pages that are sure to delight your little one!



Title:  High Five with Julius and Friends
Author/Illustrator:  Paul Frank Industries
Review Copy Provided by:  Chronicle Books

About the Book:  Julius and his friends offer up high fives on every page of this irresistible board book! Each spread encourages kids to celebrate amazing everyday achievements—from sharing their toys to just being themselves—and features a touch-and-feel texture that will keep little ones engaged as they strive to be and do their very best.

My Review:  This is a touch and feel book and my nephew absolutely loves touch and feel!  High Five is a very positive book.  The monkey, Julius, gives high fives for being a superstar, sharing, looking both ways before crossing the street, eating, putting away clothes and being a rock star.  I really like the positive message that it sends to kids.  The bright, vivid colors make it very appealing to little ones and the touch and feel is a huge plus!  Each character holds up their paw, which is enlarged, and the baby/toddler gets to feel it.  Just a cute book that is sure to keep your youngster coming back for more!







3 comments:

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Aww cuties.

I love Paul Frank

bermudaonion said...

Brayden looks so grown up now! I bet my nephew would like High Five.

Pam said...

Oh, man, we love Paul Frank! (My two year old is sitting on my lap and just said "Mommy! Monkey!") I'm definitely going to check this one out. Thanks for the suggestions. Your nephew is SO cute!

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com