Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Shade

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Shade
by Jeri Smith-Ready
Publication Date: May 4th 2010 by Simon Pulse


When her boyfriend dies a most untimely death, Aura--who can see ghosts--is forced to reconsider her relationship with the living and dead in SHADE.

Not much of a description, but enough to have me intriguied...what about you?  Even the cover is mysterious with the darkness and just a hint of red.  I like how the title, is like a shadow on the cover.  It kind of gives the illusion of being in the shade, almost hidden from view, like the ghosts that Aura can see, but others can't.  I'm a sucker for ghost stories, so this one is right up my alley.  I'm very eager to see what happens with Aura.  She is names appropriately, don't you think?!

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

That sounds kind of creepy, but in a good way!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I've seen this before and I think it looks so interesting!

Monster of Books said...

Nice pick, it does look interesting.

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com