Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Because of A Book with Elizabeth Harper


 This week's guest is Elizabeth Harper, whom I met through my BLU post looking for guests for this feature.  If you are ever looking for guest posts or want to see what kind of guest posts other bloggers are looking for, check out BloggerLinkUp.  Please make Elizabeth feel at home.

Elizabeth Harper is an internationally acclaimed color intuitive, psychic artist, spiritual guide, healer and teacher. She is a faculty member of the Omega Institute, teaches workshops at the Open Center and Lily Dale Assembly and is co-founder of Spiritual Living, an online education & wellness center. Her pioneering work with color inspired her Sealed With Love jewelry, Powersilks, and the intuitively revealing ColorScope. Her work and life have been featured in popular national magazines including Woman's World, Redbook, Prevention and Health. She is a magazine columnist and regular contributor to radio and television in the US and Australia, and she is the award-winning author of "Wishing: How to Fulfill Your Heart's Desires" (Beyond Words/Atria/Simon & Schuster 2008).
Find out more about her work on her website: www.sealedwithlove.com




Because of A Book

My brother Phillip died in a car accident when I was ten years old. Shortly after his death he began to visit me in my dreams. I had always been sensitive to energies. I saw auras, knew more about people than I should, and I could accurately predict the future for friends and family. After my brother’s passing my psychic skills seemed to intensify. It was around this time that my mother, no doubt realizing that I felt “different,” chose to give me a book that helped me to understand what I was experiencing. Its title encapsulates its contents – The Boy Who Saw True. The book, however, does not reveal the name of its’ author, only that he lived in the north of England at the turn of the twentieth century.

The Boy Who Saw True is a compilation of a set of diaries started when the “boy” was young and culminating in correspondence with his second wife while on his travels. He humorously details his clairvoyant observances and the shameful scolding he was exposed to by members of his immediate family for what they considered to be bad behavior. Their ignorance was understandable. He was, in short, extremely mediumistic, meaning he could see and converse with the spirits of dead people to such an extent that you would think he was speaking with a living embodied being.

The book fascinated as much as it comforted me. My mother very cleverly waited until I could appreciate its worth. In the early part of the book the innocence and naivety of the boy is apparent, but this is what makes him so endearing. Some of the language is funny and very “British” and the compiler of the works thought to leave a number of the boy’s spelling mistakes, making it all the more heart warming.

From an early age I was an avid absorber of all paranormal books. I had virtually exhausted every library within a fifty radius. We are talking about the available tomes of forty years ago; new age literature was not as common then as it is now. My mother, one of the pioneers of yoga in Britain, thought to subscribe to the Psychic News magazine and would make a point of ordering books they had reviewed. The Boy Who Saw True was one of these books. It came at the perfect time in my life when I needed support and guidance for my burgeoning psychic skills. It imprinted my soul with the understanding that not everyone is accepting of this gift, but nonetheless it is a gift to be nurtured and cared for.

I recommend this book to all of my psychic development students and to anyone curious about the unseen world. It offers insight into the life of a psychic and makes this skill palatable, amusing and above all - normal! It is a little piece of light that brings joy to my heart every time I read it. I no longer have the original copy. Whenever I buy it I am inspired to give it away, a gift to be shared. I am after all my mother’s daughter!



About The Boy Who Saw True - Based on the diary entries of a young Victorian with extraordinary supernatural talent, this is a naïve, insightful, funny, and moving account of a precocious young clairvoyant. Born with incredible powers, the anonymous author could see auras and spirits, yet failed to realise that other people were not similarly gifted. This remarkable book has become a paranormal classic.

Buy it at Amazon
Buy it at IndieBound
Buy it at Powells 


About Wishing: How to Fulfill Your Heart's Desires - In Wishing, author Elizabeth Harper provides the tools and wisdom necessary to manifest each and every wish made. Using the basic concepts of the law of attraction, a step-by-step wish process outlines how wishes manifest, why some go unfulfilled, and how you can best realize your wishing potential in all aspects of your life. From wishing the train would come on time to yearning for those six precious little numbers in the lottery that will irrevocably change your life, we all make multiple wishes during the day with the hope some will come true. Wishing's "wish sense" is a time-tested, magical formula for successfully manifesting your heart's desires and a proven way to get the results everyone wants. 

Buy it at Amazon

Buy it at Powells 

 


No comments:

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com