Sunday, May 3, 2009

Something to Ponder

I've taken to listening to audio books during my commute to and from school everyday.  I mean, I drive 45 minutes one way, pending there's no traffic.  With traffic, it takes longer, of course.  I was losing some great reading time, so I've opted for audio.  I won a 3 pack of David Baldacci's Camel Club books, The Camel Club, The Collectors, and Stone Cold.  I'm currently listening to Stone Cold, but The Collectors is the one I've liked the best, so far.

Maybe because it was narrated by Tom Wopat.  You remember him right, Luke, The Dukes of Hazzard?  Or, am I dating myself here?  Anyway, I digress.  The whole story was centered around a man who collected books.  At one time, he had been married and his wife wasn't a book geek like he was, and she wanted to get him something "really good" for a present, but knew nothing about book collecting.  So she asked him, "If you could have any book in the whole wide world, what would it be?"  As soon as I heard that I thought, "OMG, I so need to blog about that question."  So, I am.

How would you answer?  Most of you know that I'm an elementary school teacher, and teaching reading is my passion.  So, my answer would be a first edition Dick and Jane reader.  I learned to read with Dick and Jane.  No, I'm not THAT old, it's just one of the things my private school used in 1st grade.  I'm not really a book collector, per se, as far as old books go, but that is one that I would LOVE to have! 

So, let me hear your thoughts...If you could have any book in the whole wide world, what would it be?

No comments:

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com