Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Waiting on Wednesday" - Haven





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Haven
By Kristi Cook

Publication:  February 22nd 2011 by Simon Pulse

From Goodreads.com - 
One month into her junior year, sixteen-year-old Violet McKenna transfers to the Winterhaven School in New York’s Hudson Valley, inexplicably drawn to the boarding school with high hopes. Leaving Atlanta behind, she’s looking forward to a fresh start--a new school, and new classmates who will not know her deepest, darkest secret, the one she’s tried to hide all her life: strange, foreboding visions of the future.

But Winterhaven has secrets of its own, secrets that run far deeper than Violet’s. Everyone there--every student, every teacher--has psychic abilities, 'gifts and talents,' they like to call them. Once the initial shock of discovery wears off, Violet realizes that the school is a safe haven for people like her. Soon, Violet has a new circle of friends, a new life, and maybe even a boyfriend--Aidan Gray, perhaps the smartest, hottest guy at Winterhaven.

Only there’s more to Aidan than meets the eye--much, much more. And once she learns the horrible truth, there’s no turning back from her destiny. Their destiny. Together, Violet and Aidan must face a common enemy--if only they can do so without destroying each other first.


I've always been a fan of books, tv shows, movies, etc. about people with powers.  Which is why I love Ghost Whisperer, Charmed, and many others.  This book sounds like it's goes right along with those.  I'm anxious to see how this one turns out.


5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds intriguing...hope you enjoy it.

Here's mine:

(click my name)

Aimee said...

This looks great! Nice pick! I love the cover. My WoW is at Coffee Table Press

bermudaonion said...

I used to think I didn't like books like that, but read one recently that I loved, so I'd sure give this one a try.

BLHmistress said...

This is on my list too, I hope its as good as it sounds.

My WOW

Katie said...

I'm from the Hudson Valley originally, and I'm a sucker for books about boarding schools for kids with special powers, so this looks like it is right up my alley. Thanks for putting this book on my radar!

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com