Monday, February 7, 2011

The Big Game's On Read-a-Thon Wrap Up

So, yesterday, pretty much all day, I participated in The Big Game's On Read-a-Thon hosted by Jenn's Bookshelves.  I got a lot of reading done, that I'd been needing to do.  My children's books were stacking up and if I was going to review them, I needed to read them, so that's what I did.

What did I accomplish exactly?  Well, I read a total of 28 books.  27 of those were children's picture books that I read and then made notes on so that I can get reviews written.  Then I read the 3rd installment in the Aldo Zelnick series, Cahoots.  Like Artsy-Fartsy and Bogus, it was a good read.  Look for a review in the coming weeks on this one.  My ultimate goal was to finish The Radleys, but that didn't happen.  In between reading, I was doing laundry and cleaning the bedroom, so I lost some time there.

I did watch the game, mostly the commercials because when the commercials weren't on, I was reading.  Yes, I can listen to the game and read at the same time...multi tasking at it's best!  What was your favorite commercial?  I do have to say, I liked the mini Darth Vader...how cute was he?!!

I'm so glad that Jenn decided to host this read-a-thon; I had fun and got so much accomplished!

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Holy cow! You accomplished a lot!

Jess said...

I LOVED the mini darth vader too!!! I would SO do that for my kid!

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com