My name is Shelly, aka @writeforareader, and I am the writer of this blog. I started blogging over 2 years ago and I was an avid reader, reviewer and blogger, but something happened. It's called life, and I let it get in the way. This is my first blog post in almost 2 months, and I apologize to all of my readers/followers for my hiatus. I hope you will forgive me, let me start anew, and stick with me as I re-New this blog!
I had no real goals when I started this blog. I just wanted to read and review books. Well, I couldn't read fast enough for the number of books that were coming into my house. So, I've purged the books I had, thanks to Half Price Books and good friends, and I'm ready to start anew. My blog began as a children's book review blog, but I started reading and reviewing a plethora of genres. Over the last couple months, I've had time to think about what I really want to do with my blog. For the new year, I'm making some blog resolutions.
- Go back to your roots...Write For A Reader began as a blog to review children's books, so I'm going back to the basics. I will review books for children of all ages...picture books, middle grade and YA.
- Enjoy books...I love to read, always have. Although I won't be reviewing adult books on the blog, I will enjoy them, add them on Goodreads, LibraryThing and let others know about them that way.
- Blog 5 days a week...blogging 7 days a week is ideal, but when I couldn't do it, I started blogging less and less. So, 5 days I will blog and if I blog 7, then it's a plus!
- Renew blogging and author friendships...I have made many friends through my blog, but because I am not online as much as before, via Twitter, I feel that I have let some of those friendships lag. I want to renew those and stay in touch.
- Read and comment on blogs...I used to get so much enjoyment out of reading other's blogs, but I had so many in Google that it became overwhelming, backed up, and defeated me. So, I'm cleaning out my Google Reader so that I can focus on blog reading and commenting again.
- No challenges...I signed up for many last year, and didn't complete any. So, this year, I'm not committing to any, that way I won't let myself down.