Sunday, January 31, 2010

Reagan Arthur Books Challenge

All day on Twitter I have been hearing about a challenge titled The Reagan Arthur Books Challenge.  Well, to say it intrigued me is an understatement.  The tweets kept going out, "Have you joined yet?"  I'm not real fond of challenges, because last year I entered many but finished none.  I just couldn't keep track of it all.  So, I decided that I just wouldn't join any challenges this year.  I just wanted to read what I had and as much as I could.


Can you say sucker?  Yes, I am, I'll admit it.  I'm being sucked into this one because I just can't resist what it's about!  Reagan Arthur Books is an imprint of Little, Brown & Company, whom I love. So, I'm excited about the titles this new imprint has to offer.  This challenge was the brainstorm of two of my blogging friends, Kathy of Bermudaonion's Weblog and Julie of Booking Mama, after seeing the Shelf Awareness newsletter dedicated to the Reagan Arthur Books imprint.

The challenge is easy: read Reagan Arthur Books.  Right now, there are three titles available, with 16 more on the way.  On the challenge site, you can see the full list of titles.  Here are the first three books:

The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris


 Marriage and Other Acts of Charity by Kate Braestrup


Doors Open by Ian Rankin


There are really no rules to the challenge except to read any and/or all of the Reagan Arthur Books.  There is no timeline as this is a perpetual challenge.  It starts when you post your write your challenge post, so when are you starting?  I'm starting now, with The Unnamed, since I happen to have that one.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Julie P. said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're in! I just started THE UNNAMED and I'm loving it!

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com