Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm Addicted and an Interview!

Ok, so J. Kaye made me do this first one! She blogged about being addicted and I just had to see how addicted I was. I thought it would be higher, but here are the results.

58%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?

Then, when I was visiting Great Books and Fresh Coffee, I saw this great interview.  Holly had been interviewed by another blogger, my buddy Beth of Beth Fish Reads!  What a great way to get to know each other, so I thought, what the heck, I'll play!  I commented and she sent me some interview questions to answer, that she made up herself.  Here goes:

1.) What subject do you teach? Do you love it?
I am currently teaching reading to 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.  This year I am a small group teacher, who pulls kids out of class and does extra reading work with them.  I have taught 2nd grade math/science, kindergarten and 3rd grade Language Arts and Social Studies.  No idea what I'll be doing next year.  I have my Masters in Educational Leadership so I am inquiring about Assistant Principal jobs.  My job right now is funded with extra money, so if that runs out, I will be back in the classroom next year. 

2.) What is your favorite Mexican Food dish?
Oh, that's an easy one - chicken flautas.  I am a creature of habit, so when I find something I like, I stick with it.  If I'm trying a new Mexican restaurant though I will have enchiladas because they don't usually mess those up.

3.) How long have you had your book blog?
I have had my blog since October '08, but I've only been at my current site since January.  I use to blog under the same name at a different host site.

4.) I see you're in TX! Me too! I live in Dallas. Were you affected at all by Hurricane Ike?
How great to know you are so close!  Many of the bloggers I talk to are up north.  We were not really affected by the storm because we are north of Houston.  We did have wind damage though and it caused us to lose a lot of our pretty oak trees.  Luckily none of them fell on anything.

5.) What is your favorite song on the radio right now?
Oh, I like so many songs.  My husband and I are music people!  I would have to say that it is a tie between 3 songs right now, all by female country singers.  Last Call - LeeAnn Womack, I Told You So - Carrie Underwood, and More Like Her - Miranda Lambert.

This was so much fun!  Thanks, Holly!  If you want to play, leave a comment asking me for questions and I'll send you your very own mini-interview.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so good to have different questions, many site when you go for an interview really ask many of the same sort.. When did you start writing, what was your inspiration. The Plot however was a totally different kettle of fish and so much fun. So next time you ask questions try and catch the interviewee out bowl them a googlie (that's for the Aussie's) ask them something different.

Storyheart (Barry Eva)

Don’t Forget…. Spread the word…. You can follow my tour on my blog at

http://acrossthepond-storyheart.blogspot.com/

bermudaonion said...

Your blog is so good - it's hard to believe you've only been at it since October. I'm 51% addicted - like you, I thought the number would be higher.

Beth F said...

Wow!! I thought you were a looooong time blogger. I started in Sept. 08!

I loved learning more about you. Smash asked you great questions. There are a lot of teachers in my husband's family.

Anonymous said...

LOLOL! Blame it all on me! ;) Love your interview.

Anonymous said...

I love Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood, which is funny bc I've never been a huge country fan...

Thank goodness you weren't hurt too bad by Ike. My wedding was that weekend! But that's a whole other story... lol.

I too, love flautas, but I'm an enchilada girl at heart. ;o)

Great answers!

(Oh, my name is Ashley, btw. No big deal at all - I get names of bloggers confused all the time! I think you got holly from my last name. hehe)

Hoarders Extraordinaire said...

What a great idea! It's fun to get to know our fellow bloggers a little better.

Marta's Meanderings

Wendi said...

What a fun post! Thanks for sharing. :)

Wendi

Donna said...

This was a great little post.

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com