Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays - Drood

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:




  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Here is mine for this week:

"I had to settle for this, even though I was far less than convinced that there had been any meeting of Drood, Dickens, and the Other Wilkie.  It seemed far more likely that Dickens was taking advantage of my laudanum dream for his own inscrutable purposes."  (Drood, by Dan Simmons, p. 400)

What's your teaser this week?  If you'd like to read more, visit Should Be Reading

8 comments:

TexasRed said...

Very interesting. I saw a production of The Mystery of Edwin Drood years ago.

Kaye said...

Years ago I had a copy of The Mystery of Edwin Drood, not too sure whatever happened to it. I haven't gotten around to reading this Drood but your teaser is certainly intriguing. Here is mine

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to reading this book!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I had always wondered if I should read any of Dan Simmons' stuff...

Here's my own teaser for today.

jlshall said...

Interesting teasers. I've got "Drood" on my TBR list, but it's such a long book, I'm a little reluctant to dive in.

Jo-Jo said...

Drood is just everywhere calling out to me! Thanks for the teaser.

drey said...

I'm in the middle of Drood right now, but don't think I'm at page 400 yet... My teaser is here...

Staci said...

I haven't read Dan Simmons but I loved your teaser!!!

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com