Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Noticer Project - My Five

Yesterday I posted a teaser for The Noticer Project, which takes place today.  This post will be a tribute, shout out, public announcement/acknowledgment of the 5 people that I have chosen. 

The Noticer Project asks people to "notice" five people who have made a positive impact on their lives.  "How you choose to recognize the five people who made a special impact on your life can take many forms-by joining The Noticer Project Facebook group, by publicity posting on TheNoticerProject.com, by posting a note on your personal Facebook site or blog, or even just sending individual emails. The basic point is to offer hope and encouragement in these tough times through the simple act of recognizing someone significant to you." 

My goal today is to do just that.  The following five people, in no particular order, have made a positive impact on my life and I want them, you, and the whole world to know.  After each person of influence is a note about how I let them know about this today.

My husband - Willie:  We have been together for the last 12 years, and I am a much better person because of having you in my life.  When I first met you I was a naive, young woman.  You have opened my eyes to many wonderful things and in doing so have made me a stronger woman.  I can not thank you enough for loving me, in spite of it all.  You are always right there to take care of me and I know will continue to be as long as we both shall live.  I love you with all my heart; just a little, a little more today than yesterday.
I gave him a card this morning before he left for work.  I put the above words in the card.

My mom - Cindy: I am the woman I am today, because of you.  You molded me from the womb and did your best to teach me right from wrong.  So much of what I do today, is because of what you did as I grew up.  There are days that I do something and say, "I'm turning into my mother." But that's not a bad thing because my mother is an incredible person.  You have made such a difference in my life and continue to do so everyday.  I'm so proud of how hard you've worked the past two years to lose weight and take better care of yourself.  You look amazing!!
I posted the above at The Noticer Project. She will get it in an email.

My dear friend - Carol:  It is fitting that you should come after my mom, because in a way, you are like a second mom to me.  You are my best friend and I'm so glad that you are a part of my life.  You have impacted me in ways that you may never know.  I admire so much your horsemanship, hopefully I can learn some of it from you real soon.  I admire your grit, you don't let others get to you, even if they shut you out.  You just keep going, holding your head high, refusing to let them get you down.  I admire your love for family, even the adopted kind like me and Willie. I admire your devotion to your animals, no animals are loved or treated better than yours.  Thank you for taking me in, being my friend, and loving me.  It means the world!
I posted the above at The Noticer Project. She will get it in an email.

My second grade teacher - Mrs. LeinI wish I knew where you were so you could receive this message.  I've tried for years to find you, ever since I left Long Point Baptist School in the 4th grade.  You are the reason I teach.  You are who I write about on applications or questionnaires about why I became a teacher or what teacher influenced me the most.  You were the one!  I try so hard to be like you when I teach, to instill a love for learning in all my children, to be their friend but stern just the same.  I loved hanging out with you outside of school as well.  You were just the coolest teacher I know, and one day I hope at least one of my students thinks of me the same way.
I posted this at The Noticer Project, but she won't get an email because I don't know where she is.

My former principal - Deborah HarbinI am a better teacher and person because of you.  You are the epitome of a great principal: friend, teacher, confidant, cheerleader, and many more.  I learned so much teaching under your supervision.  You let me be creative and do what I felt was right for kids.  Anytime I've needed advice, help, a letter of reference, you name it, you've been there, ready, willing, and more than able to help me out.  I never thought I wanted to get my Masters in Educational Leadership, but you continued to encourage me.  Now that I have accomplished that, I strive for that next step on the career ladder of education.  To work under you again would be a dream come true; to one day be half the principal you are, is what I'll strive to do.  Thank you for everything!
I posted this at The Noticer Project and she will get an email.


Now, it's your turn.  Who are the 5 people that have influence you?  Wouldn't you like to let them know?  Why not do it today, with the rest of us?  If you choose to do so, post your list on your blog and then link back to it in the comments.  Or, you could post on The Noticer Project, where an email will be sent to that person along with the post online for others to see.


I am anxiously awaiting a copy of this book and will be posting a review on the 27th.  There will be giveaways along with the review, so I hope you'll come back and check it out!







No comments:

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com