Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays - Return to Sender

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading
TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:


  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
This week's teaser is from Return to Sender by Julia Alvarez:

It reminded me of the priest ringing the independence bell in Mexico to wake up the people to freedom.  But since we feared it was la migra, this ringing was more the sound of the end of our family's freedom. (p. 101)

What are you reading this week?  Care to tease us?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Ah, that has a very Latin@ feel to it. I haven't read any Alvarez (I don't think). Sounds interesting.

Beth F said...

Good teaser. I'll be waiting for your review.

Anonymous said...

Only a couple of sentences but I can tell this is good. Thanks.

Wendi said...

Wow - independence and fear in the same teaser! Great teaser. :)

Here's my Teaser! I'm also giving away 15 galley copies of this book via the publisher, so stop by and see if you want to enter! :) ~ Wendi

The Bumbles said...

Love it. Captures the emotions so perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Haven't read any of this author, why I ask myself? I'll be watching for the review.

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com