Saturday, July 18, 2009

Snapshot Saturday #18

This week's snapshot is a request.  If you are a frequent reader or Twitter follower, you know that I have horses.  You also know that we spent the month of March anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new addition to our herd.  That addition, Kiddie, who was named with the help of one of my readers, came into the world on March 30th.  She was born at our vet's in Angleton (their stallion is the daddy), and she stayed there until the 4th of July when we brought her and momma home.  The homecoming was met with some trepidation from the other horses in the pasture as well as the momma.  The others wanted to "check out" the baby, and the momma wanted them to stay away.  It was not a pretty scene at first, but horses are herd animals and they just had to get their "pecking" order.  Now, they are fine.  Well, I said all that to say, it's about time you got some new pictures of Kiddie, because she has really grown!  Also, because I have one Twitter friend who keeps bugging me for pictures.  So, here she is!

 
This picture was taken on 4/23, almost 1 mo. old.  I show you this so that you can see her growth.

 These next pictures were taken last night (7/17) so she is 3 1/2 months old.  I got her next to momma for perspective.


Here she is walking toward me.  It was hard to take pictures because she follows me around.  I'd get far enough away from her to get the picture and she would come towards me.

 She is following my nephew.  And with that, I leave you...until next Saturday.

What snapshot will you share this week?  Leave me a link in the comments.

10 comments:

Ella Preuss said...

She's so cute!
Horses are my favourite animals, you're so lucky you can breed them!

bermudaonion said...

Wow, I can't believe how much she's grown! She's beautiful and it sounds like she's sweet too.

Sheila DeChantal said...

Shes beautiful! I grew up with horses and loved the new babies! Thanks for sharing this great pics!

Beth F said...

She is so beautiful and is growing so fast! How cute that she follows you around.

Jenny said...

GAHHHH! I want her!!!! I sooo badly want a horsie that will follow me around;p You are so lucky, Shelly!

ANovelMenagerie said...

I've never seen a baby horse in real life, I think. Maybe once at the county fair. Anyway, it's so awesome. thanks for sharing.

Don't forget your award on my SS post!

Sher

Beth (BBRB) said...

Aw! How adorable! I always love to watch the foals running around with their mommies (at the horse farms in town). It is amazing how fast they grow!

Gwendolyn B. said...

Thank you so much for posting these! She is absolutely beautiful! You are so lucky!

BurtonReview said...

Cute!! My mum has horses & etc. here in TX & her baby is already 5!! Time flies - enjoy!

Teddy Rose said...

What a beautiful baby! Breath taking!

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com