Saturday, April 10, 2010

April Read-A-Thon - Hour 1 Update

Well, we're off!  Dewey's Read-a-Thon has officially started here in CST.  I am so excited about this day b/c I just get to read, and my husband lets me b/c he knows this is important to me.  I will be posting my progress periodically throughout the day.  My goal is to stay OFF the computer and IN the books.

I have 2 stacks of books, 1 children's and 1 YA.  I find it's easier to switch back and forth so that I don't get tired.  The book I'm starting with is Hailey Twitch is Not a Snitch by Lauren Barnholdt.  It is a children's chapter book.

I'd like to wish all the other Read-a-Thon participants "good luck; may you read lots and lots of books!"

Here is the First Hour Mini-Challenge
Where are you reading from today?  My chair in the living room


3 facts about me …  I am an asst. principal in an elementary school, I raise horses, 1 of my horses is ready to foal any day


How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?  24...Ooh, 1 an hour, not sure that will happen though.


Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?  I'd like to get through my stack  I can't do the whole 24 hours b/c we have a party tonight to attend, but I'm doing as much as I can.


If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?  Read smaller books in between the longer ones.

5 comments:

Felicia S. said...

Good Luck! Go Team Woodsworth! ---Happy Reading!

Love the meme and great tips!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Lookin' good!!!

softdrink said...

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!

Musiq Beatz said...

Free Music Downloads From A Great Melange...

I would Like To Exchange Links..

Visit www.musiqbeatz.co.cc

louis vuitton spring summer 2010 collection said...

replica handbags
Handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake designer handbags
discount replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
designer replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake replica handbags
fake replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com