Saturday, April 10, 2010

April Read-A-Thon - Hour 1 Update

Well, we're off!  Dewey's Read-a-Thon has officially started here in CST.  I am so excited about this day b/c I just get to read, and my husband lets me b/c he knows this is important to me.  I will be posting my progress periodically throughout the day.  My goal is to stay OFF the computer and IN the books.

I have 2 stacks of books, 1 children's and 1 YA.  I find it's easier to switch back and forth so that I don't get tired.  The book I'm starting with is Hailey Twitch is Not a Snitch by Lauren Barnholdt.  It is a children's chapter book.

I'd like to wish all the other Read-a-Thon participants "good luck; may you read lots and lots of books!"

Here is the First Hour Mini-Challenge
Where are you reading from today?  My chair in the living room


3 facts about me …  I am an asst. principal in an elementary school, I raise horses, 1 of my horses is ready to foal any day


How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?  24...Ooh, 1 an hour, not sure that will happen though.


Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?  I'd like to get through my stack  I can't do the whole 24 hours b/c we have a party tonight to attend, but I'm doing as much as I can.


If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?  Read smaller books in between the longer ones.

4 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Good Luck! Go Team Woodsworth! ---Happy Reading!

Love the meme and great tips!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Lookin' good!!!

Anonymous said...

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!

Musiq Beatz said...

Free Music Downloads From A Great Melange...

I would Like To Exchange Links..

Visit www.musiqbeatz.co.cc

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com