Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Claire de Lune

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Claire de Lune
by: Christine Johnson
Publication Date: May 18th 2010 by Simon Pulse

Torn between two destinies?

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever?

A female werewolf?  You had me there!  Just the description makes me want to know more.  Can't wait!!

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love the title and the cover, but I'm not sure the book's for me. I just haven't been able to embrace werewolf books yet.

Marquita Hockaday said...

That sounds really cool- and the title and cover alone grip me. And I am a fan of the whole werewolf theme- the fact that it is female oriented does make me a little excited too :) I think I might have to add this to my stack of 15 or so books to read!

Unknown said...

I <3 this book - wonderful pick!

Little Miss Becky :) said...

You're right, we haven't had a female werewolf before, at least not as the main character! Sounds like a great one!

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com