Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-A-Thon Update: Mid Event Meme


It's hard to believe that I've been reading for almost 12 hours now.  I haven't read the whole time because I've been blogging updates, visiting blogs and participating in mini challenges.  I've also done some things around the house so that I am not sitting the whole time; I'm up and moving.  I've almost finished this week's laundry and I've made a pan of brownies.  In just a few minutes, I will be going outside to feed and water horses.  Not exactly work I can do as I read, but I need a break so I don't get sleepy.  Besides, hubby has gone to help a friend, so someone has to feed.

Anyway, as is tradition with the Read-A-Thon, there is a Mid Event Meme.  Here is mine:

1. What are you reading right now?  Noonie's Masterpiece by Lisa Railsback (MG book)
2. How many books have you read so far?  currently on my 4th
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?  She's So Dead to Us
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?  Just had to remind hubby that it was an "all reading" day
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?  Not many, just hubby needing me to help him out once or twice outside.  Never took more than 5 minutes, and I happily obliged as he is giving me this time.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  That I've not gotten real sleepy or had many extended interruptions.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  No, I love it.  It just seems to get better every time.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?  nothing that I can think of right now
9. Are you getting tired yet?  not really, but I'm sure it's coming
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?  lots of little breaks to blog, visit, or just get up and move


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Books are awesome
Books are great
Congratulations on reading so much
You’re first rate!

Anonymous said...

I like books
I really do.
Books with stories
And pictures, too. (Author unknown)

Hope you're enjoying everyone you meet and everywhere you go in your reading today.

Jennay and Luke the Pup said...

You're doing an awesome job. Keep up the amazing reading. And I enjoyed reading your answers.

HAPPY readings and GO Team Wordsworth!!!
*shakes pom poms*

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

You are doing a fantastic job!

WTG on the halfway point!

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com