Sunday, April 4, 2010

Review: Horrid Henry's Joke Book


Author:  Francesca Simon
Review Copy Provided by:  Sourcebooks Jabberwocky

About the Book:  Warning: Too rude for parents and for slimy toad little brothers!
These are Horrid Henry's very own jokes: the jokes that grossed out Mom and Dad... that made Aunt Ruby run home... that sent Miss Battle-Axe screaming from class. Be horrid! Read Henry's jokes. Then tell them to the world!

My Review:  I've never been a huge fan of joke books, but I love Horrid Henry, so I had to review this one.  Children on the other hand, love joke books.  My 3rd graders would check them out and laugh out loud as they read them.  They shared them with me and even though I found them corny, it was funny to see the kick they got out of telling them.

This will be one of those books that is continuously asked for in a school library.  Horrid Henry is very popular, so kids will definitely want to read his jokes.  There are "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes, knock-knock jokes, and some questionable jokes as well.  Henry even shares some of his friends as well as his brother's jokes, even though he really doesn't want to.

I really enjoyed this little joke book.  With just 88 pages, it is packed full of funny!  The illustrations and Henry's commentary add so much to the jokes.  Ms. Simon has a winner on her hands with this one!  Kids are going to love it!  It was just released on April 1st, so get one for the joke loving child in your life.

2 comments:

cindysloveofbooks said...

My review for this is tomorrow. Michael loved the knock knock jokes but some of the ones he was looking at me asking is that suppose to be funny? So perhaps for a soon to be 7 year old they were for an older age group.

Great review.

bermudaonion said...

Vance loved joke books and would memorize them! I suspect he would have liked Horrid Henry too.

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com