Sunday, April 11, 2010

Read-A-Thon End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?  2-3 AM; hour 20

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  White Cat, Making Toast
 
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  no


4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  that the mini-challenges lasted longer; helped to be able to get more done and still read a lot

5. How many books did you read?  10 and 1/4

6. What were the names of the books you read?  Making Toast, White Cat, Raindrops, The Birds and the Frogs, The Thingamabob, Pantaloon, March Mischief, Noonie's Masterpiece, Artsy-Fartsy, Hailey Twitch is not a Snitch

7. Which book did you enjoy most?  Making Toast

8. Which did you enjoy least?  The Birds and the Frogs

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? n/a

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  very likely; I will be a reader

So, I only made it to hour 20.  At 2:15 AM, I just couldn't keep my eyes open and I had a headache.  I thought I'd just take a 30 minute nap, which turned into 45 and resulted in my just going to bed.  My goal was to get up at 6 and at least get another hour in, but I didn't, so here I am.  All in all, I am pleased with my progress.  I read a total of 1166 pages over 15 hours and 15 minutes.  That's the longest I've been able to stay up during a Read-A-Thon so far, so I'm getting better.  I had hoped to make it all the way, but not this time.  There's always October!

11 comments:

Care said...

Be proud of all those books you read! AWESOME readathon! Well done! Congrats.

CHEERS!

ferrywoman said...

Wonderful job on the Read-a-Thon! Way to go! I'll be looking forward to reading with you on October. Keep on rocking and reading, read-a-thoner! It's been lots of fun! :D

gautami tripathy said...

WOW! You did real good!

Read-a-thon:End of Event meme

Rebecca :) said...

Congrats! Great work! I crashed about 7am and just woke up a bit ago. Couldn't even make it one more hour, haha!

Cindy said...

Hi Shelly, you did awesome. Congrats. I never got to white cat.

My computer problems started early yesterday afternoon. I did a whole clean up while I was at an author event and when I came back it was done. Then when I logged back on I was still having problems apparently it was with the ISP so I guess that might have been a good thing for me as I am sure I would have been online more.

PeachyTO said...

You did a spectacular job! I also conked out in the 20th hour, however I didn't get started until the 6th. This was my first read-a-thon though, so I will have to hope I get better with time.

Congrats on your accomplishments!

You can see my Read-A-Thon wrap-up meme here.

Callista said...

Great job!

I had Hailey Twitch is Not a Snitch on my read pile but didn't get to it. Of course I'm still technically doing a readathon today as I'm finishing up Clean Away Your Clutter Readathon so I might get to it.

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

20 hours is great! Fantastic job!

Shelley said...

That's great that you're getting better at staying awake--I seem to be getting worse. It's still fun though! You got a lot of reading done. That's awesome!

louis vuitton spring summer 2010 collection said...

replica handbags
Handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake designer handbags
discount replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
designer replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake replica handbags
fake replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags

Anna said...

Wow, you did great! Congrats!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com