Sunday, April 11, 2010

Read-A-Thon End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?  2-3 AM; hour 20

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  White Cat, Making Toast
 
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  no


4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  that the mini-challenges lasted longer; helped to be able to get more done and still read a lot

5. How many books did you read?  10 and 1/4

6. What were the names of the books you read?  Making Toast, White Cat, Raindrops, The Birds and the Frogs, The Thingamabob, Pantaloon, March Mischief, Noonie's Masterpiece, Artsy-Fartsy, Hailey Twitch is not a Snitch

7. Which book did you enjoy most?  Making Toast

8. Which did you enjoy least?  The Birds and the Frogs

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? n/a

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  very likely; I will be a reader

So, I only made it to hour 20.  At 2:15 AM, I just couldn't keep my eyes open and I had a headache.  I thought I'd just take a 30 minute nap, which turned into 45 and resulted in my just going to bed.  My goal was to get up at 6 and at least get another hour in, but I didn't, so here I am.  All in all, I am pleased with my progress.  I read a total of 1166 pages over 15 hours and 15 minutes.  That's the longest I've been able to stay up during a Read-A-Thon so far, so I'm getting better.  I had hoped to make it all the way, but not this time.  There's always October!

10 comments:

Care said...

Be proud of all those books you read! AWESOME readathon! Well done! Congrats.

CHEERS!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job on the Read-a-Thon! Way to go! I'll be looking forward to reading with you on October. Keep on rocking and reading, read-a-thoner! It's been lots of fun! :D

gautami tripathy said...

WOW! You did real good!

Read-a-thon:End of Event meme

Becca said...

Congrats! Great work! I crashed about 7am and just woke up a bit ago. Couldn't even make it one more hour, haha!

cindysloveofbooks said...

Hi Shelly, you did awesome. Congrats. I never got to white cat.

My computer problems started early yesterday afternoon. I did a whole clean up while I was at an author event and when I came back it was done. Then when I logged back on I was still having problems apparently it was with the ISP so I guess that might have been a good thing for me as I am sure I would have been online more.

PeachyTO said...

You did a spectacular job! I also conked out in the 20th hour, however I didn't get started until the 6th. This was my first read-a-thon though, so I will have to hope I get better with time.

Congrats on your accomplishments!

You can see my Read-A-Thon wrap-up meme here.

Kathleen said...

Great job!

I had Hailey Twitch is Not a Snitch on my read pile but didn't get to it. Of course I'm still technically doing a readathon today as I'm finishing up Clean Away Your Clutter Readathon so I might get to it.

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

20 hours is great! Fantastic job!

Shelley said...

That's great that you're getting better at staying awake--I seem to be getting worse. It's still fun though! You got a lot of reading done. That's awesome!

Anna said...

Wow, you did great! Congrats!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

 
site designed by aerin at insearchofgiants.com